About Me

I Love to knit! I have been Knitting for about 8 years and I have really started to knit much more frequently in the last couple years. I used to only knit in the winter & now I want to knit year round and make more & more gifts. I find it very relaxing and a good outlet for stress. I am curently contimplaiting becoming a certified knitting teacher, which would give me the opportunity to teach knitting at a local craft store. I have to take two classes but I am really excited about the possiblities.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Fingerless Gloves

This project is honestly about 7 years in the making & here is why.....  As a newly married woman who learned to knit about a year earlier I wanted to take on another project besides washcloths & scarves so what did I choose? A set of fingerless gloves for my DH. So DH & I went & picked out some worsted weight acrylics yarn. It took me quite a while to get them done but I did it only to find out they were to big & bulky for him to wear. :-(  I was so sad I spent back then literally months making these & they are useless. So fast forward to the next winter. I decide that I am going to pull it all out & roll the yarn back up & remake them. I only ever got to pulling them out I never remade them. YEARS go buy & every winter I tell him I need to remake his gloves & every winter it never happens. Well with all the the gifts I was making this year & how my knitting seems to have taken flight. I thought I am REALLY going to make them this year & we address the problems w/ the previous ones & decided to get new yarn.

So off to the craft store we go & he remembers that the worsetd weight yarn was way to thick. He is using these while he flies RC airplanes & he wants to be able to feel his transmitter(aka controller) thru the gloves. So what does he pick out?????? Sock Yarn.  So I found a pattern for gloves from Patton's that used the exact sock yarn we got & size 2 DPN. SIZE 2!?!?!  I have never knitted a project w/ needles that small. Size 3 yes but never Size 2's. Well I started it while I was also knitting my SIL purse & all the hats for Christmas so the first glove took me over a month cause I really rather work on hats w/ chunky yarn & size 10's then super fine weight yarn w/ size 2's. And because the last pair was to big I had him doing test fits on them every couple inches. The second glove I did in only a few days. I am proud to say that they are a major success & he loves them.  They only took 7 years but hey at least I got them right this time. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment