About Me

I Love to knit! I have been Knitting for about 8 years and I have really started to knit much more frequently in the last couple years. I used to only knit in the winter & now I want to knit year round and make more & more gifts. I find it very relaxing and a good outlet for stress. I am curently contimplaiting becoming a certified knitting teacher, which would give me the opportunity to teach knitting at a local craft store. I have to take two classes but I am really excited about the possiblities.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Recent completed knitting projects

I am still trying to find the CD w/ the pic of all my older knitting projects to share but here are they ones I do have.

Puppy Slippers
This is another free pattern I got from lionbrand.com I did alter the type of yarn I used. They advised to use Lion Brand Tiffany style & I used Cascade 220 & Fun Fur.  I am hoping to get a few pairs of these made for the craft fair this Nov as well. The patter includes 3 sizes up to 1 year, I think.

This next project is one of those size 3 Double Pointed Needle projects that hurt my fingers but my son LOVED it.  This pattern I got from book called: "itty-bitty toys" by Susan B. Anderson.  The book is full of wonderful knitted toys, stuffed animals, dolls & even reversibles (where it is one animal one way but you filp it inside out & it is another animal.)  This is also the book where I am getting my stuffed snake pattern that I am making the boys for Christmas.

I made the "wrap-me-up puppies" minus the blanket the pattern makes.

This is a Crayon Caddy yet another free pattern from lionbrand.com.  This is something else I am hoping on selling at the craft fair.

Standing up for easy access
Rolled up & ready to be put into any bag, purse or backpack

This is called the 6 hour Afghan, free pattern at lionbrand.com.  I already had this yarn on hand & had it for years but didn't want to make the original blanket I purchased if for so I did a search on lionbrand.com for patterns w/ their Homespun yarn & found this it uses size 50 needles so it is a fast knit but you are knitting w/ 4 yarns at once.  I also didn't have as much as the pattern called for so this is more a Lapghan it is missing about 6 inches from the length according to the pattern but it is nice & warm & perfect for using while reading on a colder night.


Last but not least is a pattern I created.  I when I found out I was pregnant I wanted to make baby blocks & found a cute pattern w/ stars & these were to be stuffed. well after I had begun knitting them I then found another pattern for nesting blocks but they were just garter stitch (knit each row) so I decided to combine the two patterns so I could have the cute blocks w/ the stars on them but make them stacking & nesting.  Because it is a combination of two patterns I will be able to sell the pattern in my etsy store if & when I get it going. My first goal is still the craft fair.

 

Well that is all the pics of past projects I have for now.  Next time I think I am going to go over the massive list of projects I have yet to come by Christmas. This way you can know what to look forward to see me make.  I am planing on doing a post for each project like I did for the Aromatic Eye Pillows. Until next time.   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment