About Me

I Love to knit! I have been Knitting for about 8 years and I have really started to knit much more frequently in the last couple years. I used to only knit in the winter & now I want to knit year round and make more & more gifts. I find it very relaxing and a good outlet for stress. I am curently contimplaiting becoming a certified knitting teacher, which would give me the opportunity to teach knitting at a local craft store. I have to take two classes but I am really excited about the possiblities.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Washcloths

WASHCLOTHS!!!!

Again some orders coming already for the holiday season.  My MIL has ordered 16 to give out 2 to each of her 8 employees & My DH's Grandma has informed me that she had to throw all of hers out.  I've been using the new gorgeous colors of yarn from Ben Franklin & I am thrilled with the way they are turning out here are some pics.

This was the first thing I ever knitted it is a very simple pattern but it taught me to increase by Yarn Over & decrease by Knitting 2 together. and it is a basic garter stitch.

Pattern:

Cast on 3 stitches
Knit all stitches increasing one stitch in the last stitch each row for 1st 3 rows until you have 6 stitches
Then you want to K3 & YO knit to end of row
Repeat until you have 45 stitches
Now you want to K2, K2tog, YO, K2tog, knit to end of row
Repeat until you have 6 stitches left
K1, K2tog twice, K1
Now you should only have 4 stitches left & you just cast off

This is something I will be knitting constantly until Christmas. I am trying to make 3 packs for the craft fair the set of 2 like in top pic & then a solid color one as well.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo! I've never actually SEEN these before, I've just heard to talk about them. Or I forgot what they looked like. I'm use to washcloths from the store, do these scrub like those do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are better. Someone gave them to me as a wedding gift & I have never used a normal washcloth in the kitchen again!! I LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete