About Me

I Love to knit! I have been Knitting for about 8 years and I have really started to knit much more frequently in the last couple years. I used to only knit in the winter & now I want to knit year round and make more & more gifts. I find it very relaxing and a good outlet for stress. I am curently contimplaiting becoming a certified knitting teacher, which would give me the opportunity to teach knitting at a local craft store. I have to take two classes but I am really excited about the possiblities.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Starting projects early this year!

Hello,  This is my first blog EVER.  I find it hard to believe it but here I am actually typing my first entry.  For a very long time I have wanted to blog but I didn't know what I wanted it to be about & I finally decided to start one about my hobby, Knitting.

I started knitting about 7 years ago now and I love everything about it. Well not the pain I get in my fingers from working w/ size 3 or smaller needles for hours on end but I love the results I get from it.  I started out knitting scarves & washcloths and found it very relaxing.  The Washcloths are a big hit w/ everyone every Christmas.  People let me know in advance that they are in need of new ones. Well my knitting has progressed over the years to blankets, slippers, toys, purses & I love felting things. Friends have been trying to convince me to start an etsy account & sell my knitted goods I have the account set up but nothing for sale in my store yet.

I try to make homemade gifts for Christmas & they don't always get completed because I just don't make time to knit. I frankly don't know how I've been making time to knit right now.  I just had my second child & I am on maternity leave but going from one kid to two has been quite the difference I thought for sure all my free time was gone forever & yet here I am knitting with every spare minute I have it seems, which isn't many.

I have purchased so much yarn in the last 3 weeks I think I am going fiber crazy!  I can not stop thinking about new projects & starting Christmas presents.  Last year I had all my projects ready in Aug & didn't start knitting until Nov.  Needless to say I didn't even get some washcloth gifts done.  So this year I am already knitting away! :-)   My goal has been all year to try to seriously do a craft fair & see how my creations sell.  If they go well I am going to get serious about the etsy shop I have sitting in cyberspace waiting for me.

My most resent project is an Aromatic Eye Pillows made from Lion Brand Micro Spun, a free pattern I found on lionbrand.com, filled w/ rice & lavender. WOW I LOVE IT!! I finished mine & posted the picture on Facebook & instantly started getting orders from friends & family.  So I am thinking this & the wash cloth & pot holder set will be the big sellers at the craft fair.

I am hoping to use this blog to share my progress, creations & the joy I get from giving a handmade gift. And if the craft fair goes well I'll share my etsy shop as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment