About Me

I Love to knit! I have been Knitting for about 8 years and I have really started to knit much more frequently in the last couple years. I used to only knit in the winter & now I want to knit year round and make more & more gifts. I find it very relaxing and a good outlet for stress. I am curently contimplaiting becoming a certified knitting teacher, which would give me the opportunity to teach knitting at a local craft store. I have to take two classes but I am really excited about the possiblities.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Weekend Knitting (weekend of 9/18 & 9/19)

Well this last weekend I snuck away from my family for an overnight craft night at a hotel w/ some close friends. I was up until 5AM knitting.  The other two that spent the night made it to 2:30 & 3:30AM but I was so close to getting the snake done form DS1 Christmas present and I  can't work on it very easily at home w/o him seeing it.  He took ALLOT longer than I thought he would. Changing the colors constantly seemed to be very time consuming.  The worst part was weaving in all the ends!  So for each color swap I had two ends for the black stripe & one end of each color and I changed colors10 times so all together that was 41 ends to weave in!  I ended up turning the snake inside out & after weaving a couple times I tied them together on the inside but even that short cut was very time consuming. I think he turned out very cute & DS is going to LOVE him.  I now am going to make a 2nd one for DS2 but change it up one color in the pattern so that we know who's is who's.


I also managed to start knitting a hat for my DH this weekend. I officially finished it today but I am including it in my weekend knitting since I started it then. :-)  We are quite the VW enthusiast & I found this pattern on www.ravelry.com for free.  The pattern called for the hat to be knitting just on straight needles but I don't like seams in my hats so I put it on circulars then down to DNP for the end.  DH LOVES the hat it fits his big head perfectly. And no I am not being sarcastic my DH really does have a big head to the point that it is difficult for him to find normal hats that fit. Although he can always find a beanie because they stretch out he says this pattern sits right where he likes it. It was such a quick & simple knit I may knit him another one.  However DS1 saw me putting some finishing touches on it & he has put in his request for a hat too.  I still have to make the eye pillow he requested.  He just loves it when Mommy makes him things. 



I am continuing to work on knitting washcloths & eye pillows for the craft fair as I have time here and there.  However, I do have to itch to go buy more yarn. My Mom thinks I have to much yarn as it is but there is just so much out there I want to knit. And my DH doesn't think I have to much, he is all about hobbies since he has so many.  I was just introduced to ravelry.com this weekend as well & they have over 133,000 knitting patterns alone!  I just kept on saving patterns into my favorites & getting more & more project ideas! Hence why I need more yarn. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment