About Me

I Love to knit! I have been Knitting for about 8 years and I have really started to knit much more frequently in the last couple years. I used to only knit in the winter & now I want to knit year round and make more & more gifts. I find it very relaxing and a good outlet for stress. I am curently contimplaiting becoming a certified knitting teacher, which would give me the opportunity to teach knitting at a local craft store. I have to take two classes but I am really excited about the possiblities.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Yarn, Yarn everywhere but I still need more I think.

So I started organizing all the yarn I've purchased over the last 3 weeks to help get ready to just go from project to project.  I quickly filled 3 of the 4 bins I got from Costco & then filled the last one w/ Sugar n' Cream(aka Cotton washcloth yarn) I already had laying around.
When I went to Ben Franklin Crafts the other day they had some really pretty washcloth yarn I couldn't resist.
I really love the Sugar N Cream twist because it makes the project looked speckled.  So the first two bins will all be washcloths, kitchen towels & pot holders. The washcloth takes me around 45 min to make one & you can get an average of 2 from the twist & about 2 1/2 from the solid colors.  I like to mix the yarns when I make them so I will have stripes of solid & twist in most of then & then on solid one in the set of 3 as well. 

Also at Ben Franklin I picked up the yarn to make my boys knitted snakes for Christmas. 
                                    
I don't know if I am going to use the brown on them but the yarn was on sale so I got one of each color it is a 50% cotton 50% acrylic blend & it feels very nice.  I wanted to make sure it was cotton cause my youngest will be 6 months at Christmas & it will go right in his mouth to chew on.  This is one of those size 3 Double pointed needle projects that can really get my fingers hurting but they will be around 2 feet long and I am planning on putting some pipe cleaners in them so they can be wrapped around arms or railings. 

My next post I am planing on sharing pics of my Aromatic Eye Pillows I have almost 4 of them complete now. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment